Motivation & Self-Discipline – Two Important factors for Youth Career
I know that most of the youth will feel bored when I talk about the motivation and self-discipline right? Totally understood! Every teenager and youngsters want to live the life as they want! No rules, No restrictions at all! But is it good to be ill-mannered and useless all the time? No, may be today you will enjoy but after few years you will regret for what you have done in your past.
Being motivated towards your career and not 100% but at least 70% discipline helps the child to grow better.
Have you ever wondered why some people are so good at self-discipline, motivation, perseverance, determination, and consistency while others are not? Have you ever noticed that ALL successful people possess these traits? Where do they get this from? How do they do this? It all comes down to will power. It is all related to how much they really want the success that will so easily come from these daily practices. Today, we will see how motivation and self-discipline are related and why are they important.
Self-discipline is not an easy task to adapt. Regardless of whether it is work, studies, or relationships, people do not have the will to create discipline and pursue their dreams. In addition to the lack of resolution and security of an individual, knowing the methods to create self-control is another matter. The vast majority do not know precisely what they have to do to achieve their goals and move forward.
Here are Few tips to Develop the habit of Self-Discipline
- Avoid the temptation: Sure, this is quite difficult. Normally, people think that it is difficult to reach their goals since it is easier to submit to the temptations. For example, to get in shape, people should avoid delicious fatty foods, but will respect the temptation from the start. So, what you have to do is ask your loved ones to support you. Request that they receive attractive foods far away from you to the point where you must swim in the deepest oceans before you can really taste them. In the event your loved ones are committed to your self-discipline building cycle, they will be the ones to remember you when you stray from the path. As well as having someone to be responsible for, it makes you more reluctant to deviate.
- Plan several things: Self-discipline usually doesn’t mean you have to do something very similar all the time. Here and there, it is smarter to adapt and plan various exercises. Therefore, your psyche and your body can relax. Some people feel the remote possibility that they will take a breather from their goals and relax, they will suffer a mishap. That is not right. Truth be told, in case you step away from your determined work and enjoy a break, you will have a clear point of view. This will help you achieve your goals more quickly. Just make sure you don’t spend an excessive amount of energy relaxing!
- Change your Ways – This is the main activity you need to do. Creating self-discipline means that you need to change each of your propensities to improve your chance of reaching your goals. In the event that you need to lose weight quickly, change your dietary patterns at that point. In the event that you need to exceed expectations on all of your themes, change your numbing and contemplating designs. Things like these will have the option to keep you posted.
- Set a Timetable: Developing self-discipline includes setting goals within a time frame. In case you set a certain time for the achievement of your goals, this will improve your determination and confidence. Make a timetable and make sure you follow that.
It is conceivable to create self-discipline. You need to set goals and focus, but reserve a few minutes for important things like family and relaxation. By practicing great self-discipline and figuring out how to set goals, you’ll find that you can accomplish just about anything you focus on.
What is ‘motivation’? Where do you find it? How can we get motivated? At some point of time we have such questions in our mind. Most of the times it is difficult to find the answer.
Motivation is a set of thinking strategies or processes that we run for ourselves. It is on us if we are motivated or not. No one else can help us with the motivation. It is almost impossible for any other person to motivate us. Others can show us the way, it is up to us if we choose to go through that way or not.
Next thing is to find out what makes you feel motivated. To think about how motivation can help you to achieve what you want. The answer is simple. What makes you feel motivated is your feelings. Feelings means emotions. Some people are motivated away from the things that they don’t like and some people are motivated towards the things they want.
If you are primarily motivated away from things that you don’t like then it is important that you use that strategy successfully to stay motivated.
How to Stay Motivated?
- Write down the Goal – The moment you have a goal, clear out all the extra information in the background and then write down the core reason why you are doing or going to do it. Leave no room for ambiguity. Every time you see that piece of paper and read your goal, it must be clear and it must hit you in the right spot (heart)!
- Prepare Short-term Goals – Divide the steps to achieve the ultimate goal, into small periods. Then one by one, focus on each step or a goal and gradually move towards a bigger goal.
- Understand and accept all possible outcomes – You need to stay open to all the possibilities. You may come within inches of winning and lose or you may have every chance of losing and still end up winning! Be prepared for success of failure.
- Be Positive – In one line, just think positive and find out positive in every single thing which is happening.
- Watch out people around you – Everyone does not deserve to be around you. Watch out if people around you are motivating you or distracting you.
Motivation turns into action only when our will power exceeds our laziness. The important thing to motivate yourself is to keep believing in your ideals. Without dreams, you will not have the vision necessary to achieve these goals. With inspiration, you will need to have a defined level of self-discipline to ensure that you are putting all the necessary efforts to use to achieve the level of success you want and make your dreams come true.
Motivation and self-discipline go inseparably. Motivation is great, but sometimes it’s not enough. It requires some self-discipline and perseverance to support you, providing the ability to take action regardless of your emotional state.
Aside from mere motivation, self-discipline can give you the power to overcome any addiction or bad habit through perseverance. You can successfully eliminate procrastination, clutter, and ignorance. Plus, it becomes a powerful partner when combined with other tools like passion, motivation, goal setting, and time management.
Now decide what you need Motivation or Discipline because having both is a great success!